I am touched that someone might find my images and words inspiring. I thank Muhammad Syanizam for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. When I spent some time reading his blog, I was surprised at the depth of knowledge and the wisdom in one so young. This young man from Singapore is bright, talented, and full of soul. Check out his blog at Nizamhappieboyz.
Now you get Seven (OK eight) MORE Things About Me That You Didn’t Know Before:
- I love parties…any kind…small and intimate or large and loud…but I cherish my quiet time alone.
- While I’d live in jeans if I could, I do enjoy being a girlie-girl, getting dressed up, going to a NICE restaurant, and being treated like I’m someone special.
- I enjoy listening to the Beatles, Adele, Leonard Cohen, Alison Krauss, Joshua Bell, Yo-Yo Ma, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum, Coleman Hawkins, Sarah Brightman, and Etta James.
- I am from a large family…I’m the oldest of 10 and I have somewhere around 75 cousins (and no steps or halfs).
- I miss the oceans of South Florida, the magnolias of Georgia, the rolling hills of Kentucky, and the green trees of Indiana.
- I miss my family and hate it that I live 2000 miles away and do not get enough time with them.
- I miss my younger son who moved to Chicago last year; I miss him terribly.
- I am thankful that my older son, my daughter-in-law, and my granddaughter live only 20 miles away. Those who’ve followed my blog have seen plenty of pictures of her as she is my favorite model.
I think that I should nominate seven bloggers, but I have visited so many blogs that have inspired me to take better pictures or take a different look at my life. I am pleased to pass on this Very Inspiring Award to the following bloggers:
Francine in Retirement (fgassette)
Madhu’s The Urge to Wander